Bonding over shared experiences is one of life’s greatest joys. We quickly connect with others that went to the same school or grew up in the same city. Meeting someone who loves the same band is an instant, soulful connection. And we high five strangers when our favorite team scores the winning goal.
Shared experiences result in instant camaraderie with our industry peers too. The verbal shorthand, empathy and excitement that we see at conferences like INTIX and TPC is living proof.
The AudienceView team is made up of ticketing industry veterans who have walked in your shoes and, like you, have sat behind the glass in ticket offices across the world to help make event magic. So, we put a little crowdsourcing to work to bring you 20 of our favorite signs that you’ve worked in a box office!
- Answered your personal cell phone by saying: “Ticket office, this is ___________”
- Been asked what seats are available… on a laminated seating plan.
- Received messages from ‘old friends’ when big events come to your venue.
- Mediated a divorce through season tickets.
- Been asked if any of the remaining single seats are together.
- Received a request for “isle” seats.
- Heard the sound of thermal tickets printing in your sleep.
- Cried when a ticket printer malfunctioned.
- Used a Printronix.
- Brushed ticket stub dust off your clothes.
- Counted hard tickets.
- Feasted on leftover food from a donor event.
- Reseated a customer due to a broken chair.
- Taught a volunteer how to use an iPhone / iPad.
- Required police intervention with an unruly customer.
- Screamed out loud over a paper cut.
- Scrambled desperately to prevent a stack of thermal ticket stock from tipping onto the floor like a deranged slinky.
- Been asked for directions to the box office when you are seated at a window with a sign that says “Box Office” above it.
- Woken up in the middle of the night trying to remember if you locked the safe.
- Refused to let house seats go because you knew there was going to be a problem and being proven right.
We want to hear from you! Share another sign that you’ve worked in a box office with us on Twitter by tagging @AudienceView.