When theaters went dark in mid-March, we witnessed the continued support of the arts by way of patrons donating the value of tickets for cancelled shows and Broadway stars washing their hands for charity.
In the darkest days of the pandemic, generosity was the light.
We’ve since witnessed incredible creativity and innovation from arts organizations to generate revenue, from the Geffen Playhouse’s virtual events platform Geffen Stayhouse to online workshops and classes for children offered by the Arden Theatre Company to a Drive-In Movie Series presented by the Performing Arts Center of Suffolk County.
It’s also important to provide your community members with easy and free ways to support your organization from home, like:
- Write a positive review on Google, Facebook, Yelp and TripAdvisor.
- Tell their friends and family about your organization.
- Follow you on your social media channels.
- Engage with your social media posts by liking or commenting.
- Share a link to a fundraising campaign to spread awareness.
- Sign up for your mailing list or newsletter.
Don’t be shy about making the ask! Share this list with your supporters in your newsletter and on social media (see example below from our friends at the Washington Pavilion).