When theaters went dark back in March 2020, we witnessed the continued support of the arts by way of patrons donating the value of tickets for cancelled shows and Broadway stars washing their hands for charity.
In the darkest days of the pandemic, generosity was the light.
We’ve since witnessed the incredible creativity and innovation of performing arts organizations to generate revenue, from the Geffen Playhouse’s virtual events platform Geffen Stayhouse to online workshops and classes for children offered by the Arden Theatre Company to a Drive-In Movie Series presented by the Performing Arts Center of Suffolk County.
While it’s imperative for theaters to keep the cash flowing, not all patrons are in a position to spend money with them.
Instead, provide your community members with easy and free ways to support your organization from home, like:
- Write a positive review on Google, Facebook, Yelp and TripAdvisor.
- Tell their friends and family about your organization.
- Follow you on your social media channels.
- Engage with your social media posts by liking or commenting.
- Share a link to a fundraising campaign to spread awareness.
- Sign up for your mailing list or newsletter.
Don’t be shy about making the ask! Share this list with your supporters in your newsletter and on social media.